Power quality logging is easy with a compact and rugged Fluke power meter
The Fluke 1743 Power Quality Logger is an everyday power meter for technicians who troubleshoot and analyze power quality issues. Capable of simultaneously logging up to 500 power parameters for up to 85 days and monitoring for events, this power logger helps uncover intermittent and hard-to-find power quality issues. The included PQ Log software quickly assesses the quality of power at the service entrance, substation, or at the load, according to the latest EN50160 standard.
- Energy and power quality assessment – Validate performance of facility improvements by quantifying energy consumption, power factor, and general power quality before and after improvements
- Quality of service compliance – Validate incoming power quality at the service entrance and assess the effects of neighboring disturbing loads
- Power quality studies – Assess baseline power quality to validate compatibility with critical systems before installation
- Load studies – Verify electrical system capacity before adding loads
- Disturbance analysis – Uncover root cause of equipment malfunction for mitigation and predictive maintenance
- Measure voltage with premium accuracy: IEC61000-4-30 compliant voltage accuracy (0.1%)
- Installs inside the cabinet: Compact, fully-insulated housing and accessories fit easily in tight spaces next to live power systems – powered from the measurement line, no external supply required.
- Quickly validate quality of power: Assess power quality according to EN50160 power quality standard with statistical overview
- Rugged and reliable: Designed for everyday field use with no moving parts and durable insulated case with two year warranty
- Plug and play: Setup in minutes with automatic current probe detection and powering
- Determines the root cause: Included PQ Log software quickly analyzes trends, creates statistical summaries, and generates detailed graphs and tables
- Monitors power for the long-term: Data can be downloaded during recording without interruption
Loggers for every application
The portable Fluke 1743 Power Quality Logger is designed for easy installation and use, anywhere in low- and medium-voltage applications.
IP65 water-proof monitor for logging the most common power parameters including V, A, W, VA, VAR, PF, energy, flicker, voltage events, and THD.
- Measurement of common power parameters: V, A, W, VA, VAR, PF, energy, flicker, voltage events, and THD
- Wide range current measurement accessories for direct measurement or via installed current transformers.
- Dust/water resistance: IP65 water proof
- LED Status display
- 3 seconds UPS ride-through
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 170 x 125 x 55 mm (6.9 x 5.1 x 2.2 in)
General Data Intrinsic error Refers to the reference conditions and is guaranteed for two years Warranty 2 years Recalibration interval 2 years recommended Quality system developed, designed, and manufactured according to DIN ISO 9001 Reference conditions 23°C ±2 K; 74°F ±2 K , Vm = 230 V ±10%, 50 Hz ±0.1 Hz or 60 Hz ±0.1 Hz Phase sequence L1, L2, L3 Interval length 10 minutes Wye connection (L1, L2, L3 to N) Power supply 88 V ... 265 VAC Environment conditions Working temp. range -10°C to 55°C; 14°F to 131°F Operating temp. range 0°C to 35°C; 32°F to 95°F Storage temp. range -20°C to 60°C; -4°F to 140°F Reference temp. range 23°C ±2 K; 74°F ±2 K Relative humidity Class C2 acc. IEC 60654-1 Housing robust, fully insulated housing and accessories Protection type IP65 as per EN 60529 Safety IEC/EN 61010-1 600 V CAT III, 300 V CAT IV, pollution degree 2, double insulation Type test voltage 5.2 kV rms, 50 Hz / 60 Hz, 5 s EMC Emission IEC/EN 61326-1, EN55022 Immunity IEC/EN 61326-1 Voltage and Current Measurement Input voltage Input range VI P-N max 480 VAC Input range VI P-P max 830 VAC Max. overload voltage 1.2 VI Input range selection By job programming Connections P-P or P-N, 1- or 3-phase Nominal voltage VN ≤ 999 kV with PTs and ratio Input resistance App. 820 kΩ per chan. Lx-N Single phase (L1 or A, L2 or B, L3 or C connected): app. 300 kΩ Intrinsic uncenrtainty 0.1% of VI Voltage transformer Ratio: < 999 kV / VI Ration selection By job programming Current input with Flexi Set Input ranges II L1 or A, L2 or B, L3 or C, N 15 A / 150 A / 1500 A / 3000 A AC Measuring range 0.75 A … 3000 A AC Intrinsic uncertainty < 2% of II Position influence Max. ±2% of measured value – for distance conductor to meas. head > 30 mm Stray field influence < ±2 A AC for Iext = 500 A AC and distance to measuring head > 200 mm Temperature coefficient < 0.05% / K Current transformer Ratio ≤ 999 kA / II Ratio selection By job programming Connection 3-phase, 3-phase +N, 2 phase L1 or A and L3 or C (2 W-meter-method) 7 pole connector Current input for clamp Input ranges II L1 or A,
L2 or B, L3 or C, N
0.5 V nominal (for II) 1.4 Vpeak Intrinsic uncertainty < 0.3% of II Max. overload 10 VAC Input resistance App. 8.2 kΩ Current transformer Ratio Ω 999 kA / II Power systems Delta, 2-Element Delta, Wye, Single Phase, Split Single Phase Logger Power supply Functional Range 88 V to 660 V absolute, 50 Hz / 60 Hz 100 V to 350 VDC Internal fuse: 630 mA T Power consumption 5 Watts Ride through 3 sec Capacitor Fuse Power supply fuse can be replaced in service facility only. Supply can be connected in parallel to measuring inputs (up to 660 V) Display, indicators