The Best Techs Use the Best Tools
Industrial electricians around the world trust the Fluke 83V Industrial Multimeter from the control room to the plant floor. With its accuracy and troubleshooting capabilities, the Fluke 83V Industrial Multimeter works when you need it, even in loud, high energy, and high altitude locations.
Identify Complex Signal Problems Fast
When productivity is on the line and you need to solve problems fast, the Fluke 83V delivers the accuracy and advanced troubleshooting capabilities you need.
Min/Max allows capture of signal changes
- 6000 count display resolution
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V safety rated
- Designed and built in the U.S.A.
- The most trusted industrial multimeter in the business
- Lifetime warranty
The Fluke 83V – Just One of Fluke's Trusted Tools
Fluke builds the most trusted tools in the world and that means more than just the Fluke 83V. If you work with HVAC equipment, need a small meter for small spaces or work in the electrical installer's and repairman's world, check out the full family of Fluke digital multimeters.
New features for maximum productivity
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy set-up and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
- Large digit display with bright, two-level backlight makes the 83V significantly easier to read than older models
- 6000 counts, 3-3/4 digits
- Measure up to 1000 V AC and DC
- Measure up to 10 A, 20 A for up to 30 seconds
- Frequency to 200 kHz and % duty cycle
- Resistance, continuity and diode test
- 10,000 µF capacitance range for components and motor caps
- Min/Max-Average recording with Min/Max Alert to capture variations automatically
- Relative mode to remove test lead interference from low ohms measurements
- Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility
- Touch Hold to capture stable readings avoiding noisy signals
- Large display digits and two-level bright white backlight for increased visibility
- Analog bargraph for fast changing or unstable signals
- Input Alert provides audible warning against wrong use of input jacks
- Improved selectable sleep mode for long battery life
- Access door for fast battery changes without breaking the calibration seal
- "Classic" design with new removable holster with built in test lead and probe storage
- Lifetime warranty
All inputs are updated to the 3rd edition of ANSI/ISA S82.01 and EN61010-1 CAT IV 600 V and CAT III, 1000 V. They can withstand impulses in excess of 8.000 V and reduce risks related to surges and spikes.
- Measure AC current with an optional current clamp accessory
Specifications Voltage DC Maximum voltage 1000 V Accuracy ±(0.1% + 1) Maximum resolution 100 µV Voltage AC Maximum voltage 1000 V Accuracy ±(0.5% + 2) Maximum resolution 0.1 mV Current DC Maximum amps 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum) Amps accuracy ±(0.4% + 2) Maximum resolution 0.01 mA Current AC Maximum amps 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum) Amps accuracy ±(1.2% + 2) Maximum resolution 0.1 µA Resistance Maximum resistance 50 MΩ Accuracy ±(0.4% + 1) Maximum resolution 0.1 Ω Capacitance Maximum capacitance 9,999 µF Accuracy ±(1% + 2) Maximum resolution 0.01 nF Frequency Maximum frequency 200 kHz Accuracy ±(0.005% + 1) Maximum resolution 0.01 Hz Duty cycle Maximum duty cycle 99.9% Accuracy ±(0.2% per khz + 0.1%) Maximum resolution 0.1% Conductance Maximum conductance 60.00 nS Accuracy ±(1.0% + 10) Maximum resolution 0.01 nS Diode Range 3 V Resolution 1 mV Accuracy ±(2% + 1) Duty cycle range Accuracy within ±(0.2% per kHz + 0.1%) Environmental Specifications Operating temperature –20°C to +55°C Storage temperature –40°C to +60°C Humidity (without condensation) 0% – 90% (0°C – 35°C)
0% – 70% (35°C – 55°C)
Operating altitude 2000 m Safety Specifications Overvoltage category EN 61010–1 to 1000 V CAT III, 600V CAT IV Agency approvals CSA, TÜV Mechanical and General Specifications Display Digital 6000 counts updates 4/sec Analog 32 segments, updates 40/sec Frequency 19,999 counts, updates 3/sec at > 10 Hz Size 201 x 98 x 52 mm (with holster) Weight 355 g Weigh with holster and flex–stand 624 g Warranty Lifetime Battery life Alkaline~400 hours typical, without backlight Shock 1 Meter drop per IEC 61010–1:2001 Vibration Per MIL–PRF–28800 for a Class 2 instrument