AC and DC current and voltage measurement – ideal tool for troubleshooting and logging on power electronics
The Fluke 345 is more than an electric power meter. Combining the functions of a clamp meter, oscilloscope, data logger and digital power meter into one handy device, the Fluke 345 is ideal for working with variable frequency motor drives, high efficiency lighting and other loads using switching electronics.
The multi-faceted Fluke 345 is packed with features such as a bright, color display to analyze the harmonic spectrum, a low-pass filter to remove high frequency noise and a high EMC immunity design, making the Fluke 345 power analyzer ideal for troubleshooting power quality on switching loads. The internal memory of this electric power meter enables long-term power quality logging for analysis of trends or intermittent problems. Additionally, the Hall Effect clamp meter design makes measurement of dc current possible without the need to break the circuit.
Besides effectively performing basic tasks like measuring power and power factor, the Fluke 345 power meters offer the ease of use, portability and flexibility needed to resolve most power issues in commercial, industrial and residential settings.
- Setup and troubleshoot variable frequency drives and UPS systems - Verify correct operation by measuring key power quality parameters
- Harmonics measurements - Uncover harmonic issues that can damage or disrupt critical equipment
- Inrush capture - Check start-up current where spurious resets or nuisance circuit breaker tripping occurs
- Load studies - Verify electrical system capacity before adding loads
- AC/DC current: Clamp-on measurement of ac current up to 1400 A rms and dc current up to 2000 A without breaking the circuit
- Highest safety rating: 600 V CAT IV power analyzer is rated for use at the service entrance
- Accurate in noisy environments: Clamp meter performs even with distorted waveforms present on electronic loads with low-pass filter
- Data logging: Identify intermittent faults by logging any power quality parameter for minutes, or over a month, including harmonics
- Verify batteries: Direct measurement of dc ripple (%) for battery and dc systems
- Troubleshoot harmonics: Analyze and log harmonics digitally or graphically
- Inrush current: Capture and analyze nuisance tripping, from 3 seconds to 300 seconds
- Easy to use: Easily confirm power meter setup with large backlit color display of waveforms and trends
- USB download: Download logged data with PowerLog application software to view trends and screenshots, analyze and create reports simply.
- Battery eliminator: powers the instrument when pefroming extended logging sessions.
- 3-Phase power: Built in capability for balanced loads
- View graphs and generate reports: Use power analyzer with included Power Log software
Specifications Display Color transmissive LCD 320 x 240 pixels (70 mm diagonal) with 2 level backlight Power supply Battery type 1.5 V Alkaline AA MN 1500 or IEC LR6 x 6 Battery life typically > 10 hours (backlight on full)
> 12 hours (backlight reduced)
Battery eliminator Input 110/230 V 50/60 Hz Output 15 VDC, 300 mA Ambient conditions (for indoor use only) Reference conditions All accuracies stated at 23°C ±1°C (73.4°F ±1.8°F) Operating temperature 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F) Temperature coefficient of current ≤ ±0.15% of rdg per °C Temperature coefficient of voltage ≤ ±0.15% of rdg per °C Maximum relative humidity 80% for temperatures up to 31°C (87°F) decreasing linearly to 50% relative humidity at 40°C (104°F) Maximum operating altitude 2000 m Electrical safety Maximum safe working voltages Safety IEC 61010-1 600 V CAT IV double or reinforced insulation, pollution degree 2
Protection IP40; EN60529
Current measurement 600 VAC rms or DC between uninsulated conductor and ground Voltage measurement 600 VAC rms or DC between either input terminal and ground, or 825 V between energized phase voltages (delta power config.) EMC Emission IEC/EN 61326-1:1997 A Immunity IEC/EN 61326-1:1997 Annex C Performance Criterion B Mechanical Dimensions (L x W x D) 300 x 98 x 52 mm (12 x 3.75 x 2 in) Weight including batteries 820 g (1.8 lb) Jaw opening 60 mm Jaw capacity 58 mm diameter Cleaning The unit can be cleaned with an Isopropanol impregnated cloth. Do not use abrasives or other solvents. Electrical data Accuracy 23°C ±1°C (73.4°F ±1.8°F). See Ambient conditions specifications for temperature coefficients. Current measurement (DC, DC rms, AC rms) Measuring range 0 to 2000 A DC or 1400 AC rms Autorange facility 40 A / 400 A / 2000 A Resolution 10 mA in 40 A range
100 mA in 400 A range
A in 2000 A range
Accuracy: DC and DC rms I > 10 A ±1.5% rdg ±5 digits I < 10 A ±0.2 A Accuracy: AVG I > 10 A ±3% rdg ±5 digits I < 10 A ±0.5 A Accuracy: Pk I > 10 A ±5% rdg ±5 digits I < 10 A ±0.5 A Accuracy: AHr I > 10 A ±2% rdg ±5 digits I < 10 A ±0.5 AHr Accuracy: CF (Crest Factor) 1.1 ≤ CF < 3 ±3% rdg ±5 digits 3 ≤ CF < 5 ±5% rdg ±5 digits Resolution 0.01 Accuracy: RPL (Ripple) 2% ≤ RPL < 100% ±3% rdg ±5 digits 100% ≤ RPL < 600% ±5% rdg ±5 digits Resolution 0.1% I DC > 5 A, I AC > 2 A All measurements DC and 15 Hz to 1 kHz
Maximum overload 10,000 A or rms x frequency < 400,000
Amps rms is a true-rms measurement (AC + DC)
Voltage measurement (DC, DC rms, AC rms) Measuring range 0 to 825 VDC or AC rms Autorange facility 4 V / 40 V / 400 V / 750 V Resolution 1 mV in 4 V range
10 mV in 40 V range
100 mV in 400 V range
1 V in 750 V range
Accuracy: DC and DC rms V > 1 V ±1% rdg ±5 digits V < 1 V ±0.02 V Accuracy: AVG V > 1 V ±3% rdg ±5 digits V < 1 V ±0.03 V Accuracy: Pk V > 1 V ±5% rdg ±5 digits V < 1 V