Easily Discover Opportunities for Energy Savings for Your Facility
The Fluke 1730 Three-Phase Electrical Energy Logger introduces a new simplicity to discovering sources of electrical energy waste. No other energy logger on the market can deliver a 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III safety rating, directly download data from the instrument while still logging to a USB stick or via USB to PC connection and store multiple logging sessions on the instrument.
With the 1730, you can:
- Easily discover when and where energy is being consumed in your facility, from the service entrance to the individual circuits.
- Compare multiple data points over time and build the complete picture of energy usage with Fluke Energy Analyze software package.
- Quickly understand specific points of energy loss, reduce energy bills more easily than ever.
- Measures and log two other associated parameters such as temperature, humidity, air flow, pressure etc.
The Fluke 1730 is the best choice when looking for a dedicated energy logger for performing energy surveys and load studies.
Take Energy Surveys to the Next Level
If you’re looking to take your energy surveys to the next level, show up with the 1730 Energy Logger and a VT series of Visual IR Thermometers or the Ti125 Infrared Camera to quickly identify opportunities for energy savings both electrically and thermally. When using a thermal imaging camera or a visual IR thermometer along with the 1730 Energy Logger, you'll be able to discover potential problems that could be wasting energy and then quantify them electrically with the 1730 Energy Logger. The perfect tool set to discover hidden operational wastes such as lighting, air conditioning and other large loads that could be switched off when not in use.
- Key measurements: Voltage, current, power, power factor and associated values enable you to optimize and implement your energy saving strategies.
- Bright, color touch screen: Perform convenient in-the-field analysis and data checks with full graphical display.
- Power the instrument directly from the measured circuit: Eliminating the need to find a power outlet while allowing the instrument to be secured safely inside electrical panels. Wide voltage range from 90V to 550V AC.
- Comprehensive logging: More than 20 separate logging sessions can be stored on the instrument. In fact, all measured values are automatically logged and can be reviewed during logging and before downloading for on-the-go analysis.
- Two USB ports: One for WiFi or direct PC connection and another for fast, simple download to standard USB thumb drives, or other USB devices (WiFi requires external USB WiFi adaptor).
- Optimized user interface: Capture the right data every time with quick, guided, graphical setup and reduce uncertainty about your connections with the intelligent verification function.
- Complete "in-the-field" setup through the front panel: No need to return to the workshop for download and setup or to take a computer to the electrical panel.
- Compact size: Designed to fit in tight spaces and panels.
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream.
- Optimized measurement accessories: Flat voltage cable and thin flexible current probes ensure easy installation even in tight spaces.
- Battery life: Four-hour operating time (backup time) per charge on lithium-ion battery.
- Security: We safeguard your best asset from theft with an option to use a hefty, durable Kensington lock.
- Energy Analyze application software: Download and analyze a snapshot of your energy savings potential with our automated reporting – export data into RTF for editing with you preferred word processing application.
Accuracy Specifications Parameter Range Resolution Intrinsic Accuracy at Reference Conditions (% of Reading + % of Full Scale) Voltage 1000 V 0.1 V ±(0.2% + 0.01%) Current iFlex1500-12 150 A 0.1 A ±(1% + 0.02%) 1500 A 1 A iFlex3000-24 300 A 1 A ±(1% + 0.02%) 3000 A 10 A iFlex6000-36 600 A 1 A ±(1.5% + 0.03%) 6000 A 10 A i40s-EL clamp 4 A 1 mA ±(0.7% + 0.02%) 40 A 10 mA Frequency 42.5 Hz to 69 Hz 0.01 Hz ±(0.1%) Auxillary input ±10 VDC 0.1 mV ±(0.2% + 0.02%) Voltage min/max 1000 V 0.1 V ±(1% + 0.1%) Current min/max Defined by accessory Defined by accessory ±(5% + 0.2%) Cosφ/DPF 0 ≤ Cosφ ≤ 1 0.01 ±0.025 Power factor 0 ≤ PF ≤ 1 0.01 ±0.025 THD on voltage 1000% 0.1% ±(2.5% ± 0.05) THD on current 1000% 0.1% ±(2.5% ± 0.05) Intrinsic Uncertainty ±(% of reading + % of range)1 Parameter Influence quantity iFlex1500-12 iFlex3000-24 iFlex6000-36 i40S-EL 150 A / 1500 A 300 A / 3000 A 600 A / 6000 A 4 A / 40 A Active power P PF ≥ 0.99 1.2% + 0.005% 1.2% + 0.0075% 1.7% + 0.0075% 1.2% + 0.005% 0.5 < PF < 0.99 1.2% + 7 x (1-PF) +0.005% 1.2% + 7 x (1-PF) + 0.0075% 1.7% + 7 x (1-PF) + 0.0075% 1.2% + 10 x (1-PF) + 0.005% Apparent power S, S fund. 0 ≤ PF ≤ 1 1.2% + 0.005% 1.2% + 0.0075% 1.7% + 0.0075% 1.2% + 0.005% Reactive power
N, Q fund.
0 ≤ PF ≤ 1 2.5% of measured apparent power Additional uncertainty in % of range1 U > 250 V 0.015% 0.0225% 0.0225% 0.015% 1. Range = 1000 V x Irange
Environmental: 23°C ± 5°C, instrument operating for at least 30 minutes, no external electrical/magnetic field, RH < 65%
Input conditions: Cosφ/PF = 1, Sinusoidal signal f = 50 Hz / 60 Hz, power supply 120 V / 230 V ±10%
Current and power specifications: Input voltage 1 ph: 120 V / 230 V or 3 ph wye/delta: 230 V / 400 V
Input current: I > 10% of Irange
Primary conductor of clamps or Rogowski coil in center position
Temperature coefficient: Add 0.1 x specified accuracy for each degree C above 28°C or below 18°C
Electrical Specifications Power Supply Voltage range 100 V to 500 V using safety plug input when powering from the measurement circuit 100 V to 240 V using standard power cord (IEC 60320 C7) Power consumption Maximum 50 VA (max. 15 VA when powered using IEC 60320 input) Efficiency ≥ 68.2% (in accordance with energy efficiency regulations) Maximum no-load consumption < 0.3 W only when powered using IEC 60320 input Mains power frequency