"Built like a brick, the most trustworthy meter I've ever worked with my last 30 years in both professional (radar installations etc.) and private (amateur radio stuff etc.) troubleshooting electric and electronic devices..."
– Martin from Hamburg, Germany.
Designed to Identify Complex Signal Problems Fast
When productivity is on the line and you need to solve problems fast, the Fluke 87V delivers the accuracy and advanced troubleshooting capabilities you need. Designed specifically to handle complex signals, the 87V industrial multimeter, allows you to gain productivity by taking the guesswork out of drive system troubleshooting even in loud, high energy, and high altitude locations.
- Accurate frequency measurements on adjustable speed drives (ASD) due to Fluke-designed low-pass filter
- Built-in thermometer allows temperature measurements without a separate thermometer
- Peak Min/Max allows capture of intermittents as fast 250 µS
- Dual display resolution – 6000 or 20,000 counts – lets you see small changes in displayed readings
- CAT III 1000V, CAT IV 600V safety rated
- Designed and built in the U.S.A.
- Lifetime warranty
The Fluke 87V – Just One of Fluke's Trusted Tools
Fluke builds the most trusted tools in the world and that means more than just the Fluke 87V. If you work with HVAC equipment, need a small meter for small spaces or work in the electrical installer's and repairman's world, check out the full family of Fluke digital multimeters.
- Unique function for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment
- Built-in thermometer conveniently allows you to take temperature readings without having to carry a separate instrument
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy set-up and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
- Large digit display with bright, two-level backlight makes the 87V significantly easier to read than older models
- True RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non linear signals
- Selectable filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on motor drives
- 0.05% DC accuracy
- 6000 counts, 3-3/4 digits
- 4-1/2 digit mode for precise measurements (20,000 counts)
- Measure up to 1000 VAC and DC
- Measure up to 10 A, 20 A for up to 30 seconds
- Built in thermometer lets you carry one less tool (TC probe included)
- Frequency to 200 kHz and % duty cycle
- Resistance, continuity and diode test
- 10,000 µF capacitance range for components and motor caps
- Min/Max-Average recording with Min/Max Alert to capture variations automatically
- Peak capture to record transients as fast as 250 µs
- Relative mode to remove test lead interference from low ohms measurements
- Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility
- Touch Hold to capture stable readings avoiding noisy signals
- Large display digits and two-level bright white backlight for increased visibility
- Analog bargraph for fast changing or unstable signals
- Input Alert provides audible warning against wrong use of input jacks
- Improved selectable sleep mode for long battery life
- Access door for fast battery changes without breaking the calibration seal
- "Classic" design with new removable holster with built in test lead and probe storage
- Lifetime warranty
All inputs are updated to the 3rd edition of ANSI/ISA S82.01 and EN61010-1 CAT IV 600V and CAT III, 1000 V. They can withstand impulses in excess of 8.000 V and reduce risks related to surges and spikes.
Correctly measure pulse-width modulated motor drive signals
Until now, there hasn't been a multimeter able to accurately measure adjustable speed drives. But the Fluke 87V is designed specifically to handle these complex signals. Think of the potential productivity you'll gain by taking the guesswork out of drive system troubleshooting. Measurements are correct each and every time.
- Unique function for accurate measurements of noisy pulse-width modulated AC voltage. Measures correctly at the ASD and at the motor terminals
- Accurately measure the frequency (motor speed). Frequency measurement not affected by the ASDs carrier frequency
- Measure AC current with an optional current clamp accessory
- Compare reading from the 87V with the display on the ASD
- Special shielding blocks high frequency, high-energy noise generated by large drive systems
Specifications Voltage DC Maximum voltage 1000 V Accuracy ±(0.05% + 1) Maximum resolution 10 µV Voltage AC Maximum voltage 1000 V Accuracy ±(0.7% + 2) True RMS AC bandwidth 20 kHz with low pass filter; 3 db @ 1 kHz Maximum resolution 0.1 mV Current DC Maximum amps 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum) Amps accuracy ±(0.2% + 2) Maximum resolution 0.01 µA Current AC Maximum amps 10 A (20 A for 30 seconds maximum) Amps accuracy ±(1.0% + 2) True RMS Maximum resolution 0.1 µA Resistance Maximum resistance 50 MΩ Accuracy ±(0.2% + 1) Maximum resolution 0.1 Ω Capacitance Maximum capacitance 9,999 µF accuracy ±(1% + 2) Maximum resolution 0.01 nF Frequency Maximum frequency 200 kHz Accuracy ±(0.005% + 1) Maximum resolution 0.01 Hz Duty cycle Maximum duty cycle 99.9% Accuracy ±(0.2% per khz + 0.1%) Maximum resolution 0.1% Temperature measurement –200.0°C – 1090°C
–328.0°F – 1994.0°F
80 BK temperature probe –40.0°C – 260°C
–40.0°F – 500°F, 2.2°C or 2% whichever is greater
Conductance Maximum conductance 60.00 nS Accuracy ±(1.0% + 10) Maximum resolution 0.01 nS Diode Range 3 V Resolution 1 mV Accuracy ±(2% + 1) Duty cycle range Accuracy Within ±(0.2% per kHz + 0.1%) Environmental Specifications Operating temperature –20°C to + 55°C Storage temperature –40°C to + 60°C Humidity (without condensation) 0% – 90% (0°C – 35°C)
0% – 70% (35°C – 55°C)
Operating Altitude 2000 m Safety Specifications Overvoltage category EN 61010–1 to 1000 V CAT III, 600V CAT IV Agency approvals UL, CSA, TÜV, VDE listed Mechanical and General Specifications Size 201 x 98 x 52 mm (with holster) Weight 355 g
624 g – with holster
Display Digital 6000 counts updates 4/sec.
19,999 counts in high–resolution mode
Analog 32 segments, updates 40/sec Frequency 19,999 counts, updates 3/sec at > 10 Hz Warranty